Saturday, May 31, 2008

Why I Could Not Support Hillary as President....

The Main Stream Media, political pundits, and some Hillary supporters have made opinions why people like me haven't supported Hillary's Presidential Campaign. Opinions like; they are too polarized, they don't want a woman President, they are sexist, they are racist, they hate the Clintons, etc., etc. I am a white 60 plus year old man, and according to many, I should be a firm Senator Clinton supporter. Here is why I can't support HRC; she has high negatives(most are her own making), she is a typical politician(probably the best), there are other families that Presidents can come from(Bush-Clinton-Clinton-Bush-Bush has been our last 5 choices), she panders ALOT (which makes her true position unclear), to make her commander-in-chief position strong she had to go too far right of center(crazy right wing) of the political spectrum, it is unclear which Clinton would be making the decisions, her bad campaign manager choices (which directly reflects on her), her speaking voice(both men and women have complained about its shrillness and I agree), because she is the first serious woman candidate, the premise that I have make a choice based on the first woman or the first black president(I chose best candidate instead), Bill Clinton's off the cuff(divisive) comments, and lastly, her off the cuff(divisive) comments. Barack Obama stands out as a stark contrast to these Hillary Clinton negatives. He has energized the youth of the country including those that are too young to vote, and his very successful grass roots effort to build a large coalition of supporters impresses me. He has over a million small donors like me to depend on. If he can build that kind of support as a candidate, it is hard to imagine what we can accompolish as a nation when he is President. The choice was easy for me. I think all Americans should spend some time in thoughtful decision-making before going to the polls this November. You will be making the most important decision of our history. Please take the time to weigh your decision carefully.

No comments: